Pack your bag and get ready to celebrate the holidays in Key West!
It’s pretty clear that Key West is THE destination, no matter the time of year. But what makes a vacation to Key West the ideal choice for the holidays? It’s easy: warm weather, hotel deals, “winter” events and more! Here’s our list of the top 5 reasons Key West is the place to be this holiday season.
1. The weather is perfect. From October to January, temperatures typically range in the mid 70’s-80’s. Strolling down Duval, enjoying water activities, or just lounging by the pool are oh-so-enjoyable. Wake up to the sun shining and a cool breeze off the ocean. That sure that beats a snow day up North.
2. Accommodations are more affordable than they are “in-season,” attractions like watersports activities often offer special rates, the beaches are not crowded and you won’t have to wait in line at popular bars and restaurants.
Photo by Flickr, Roman Boed
3. The events are endless. This weekend we’re heading into of the Powerboat races and the Key West Film Festival, then comes the Key West Food and Wine Festival and the Key West Craft Festival…the list goes on almost non-stop through January.
4. Lights, lights and more lights! Events like the ‘Bight before Christmas’ kick off the month of December with the Lighting of the Harbor Walk, Hometown Holiday Parade, Pet Pictures with Santa, Lighted Boat Parade and more. If you thought a palm tree looked good before, just wait until you see them covered in sparkling Christmas lights!
5. What could be better than starting the new year at the biggest party of the year? Choose from 5 different countdowns – 3 right on Duval Street – as you celebrate New Year’s Eve in Key West with thousands of your closest friends. No driving and no cabs necessary.
Photo by Flickr, Vinney T